Now’s the time to pamper yourself. Here’s a simple natural remedy that you can easily whip up at home to feel good.
Codex Beauty master formulator and herbalist Tracey Ryan spends her days mixing up botanical blends with wildcrafted ingredients for the Bia Collection. Here, she shares an easy recipe to inspire your DIY adventures.
Softening Lip Scrub
“A lip scrub is a really nice way of removing dead skin from chapped lips and keeping the skin hydrated and plumped.”
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- Mix the brown sugar and coconut butter in a bowl to form a paste (if your coconut oil has hardened, you can heat it slightly first).
- Apply a thick layer to your lips and very gently scrub your lips with your fingers taking care not to rub too hard. Leave it sit on your lips for a few minutes.
- Gently wash off using a face cloth and warm water.
- Apply your favorite lip balm straight afterwards to replenish your lips. After doing this you will notice your lipstick goes on smoother and lasts longer!